Skip to main content

To My Dearest love

To My Dearest Darling
Honey, I am leaving you this note because I have to leave. It’s over. I know you have a hundred questions to ask. I’ll answer them. I know we have been together for long now. 3 years? And I’ve seen you grow. I’ve witnessed you unfold. I’ve known you inside-out. While you have the ability to shine like the sun throughout the day, I am aware of what follows when twilight hits the sky and darkness seeps in.
I remember sitting in the dark corner of your room while you lay wide awake staring blankly at the ceiling. I won’t forget how your mind wandered like a hurricane at 3 in the night. You thought of the past and the future; Of the things that happened and of those that might never take place. Your mind filled with beautiful yet awful thoughts. And I’ve not forgotten the times when I held you close to me while you cried your eyes out. I don’t remember you screaming but you did talk about the demons that haunted you. And when everyone would adore the radiant and vibrant colors of the rainbow, I remember you complaining about it being in different shades of black. I’ve seen you starve yourself, making excuses that you’re on a diet.
I remember people complimenting you, for the way you could carry bright colours. Recall that rainbow dress? I loved it too. You always had an eye for fancy and bright stuff. People would always question you about the smile that never seemed to leave your face. If only they knew. People don’t realize that saddest form of sadness is not gloomy colours or a frown constantly hovering over that face. It is not the look of dismay. Because sadness doesn’t look like sadness at all. Infact, it is a smile plastered on despite the tears beneath. It is the afternoon with its colors full of vibrance; fading away slowly. It is the way your eyes defy that beautiful smile.
I don’t remember how we started. I believe this was meant to be. All these years I’ve wanted to save you for myself. Just the two of us. We’ve spent so much time together that I thought you’d finally be able to accept me. I thought you’d weclome the fact, that with you I am a five year old who would cling to you even when you have your hands full. All I wanted was to remain your dirty little secret. We had made a pact. Remember? Ofcourse you don’t!
While writing this I recall the time when you’d cut everyone out to be with me. You made hundreds of excuses for not making it to that pool party or for that shopping trip. Rejecting everyone you’d return to my embrace. Still and Serene. Calm and quiet. While I enjoyed stroking your hair you lay there, almost motionless.
I admit we never did talk much. Talking made me feel sick. So we agreed to stop feeling and drifted towards numbness. I wanted you to focus on me as much as I focused on you. All your attention, all your time and all your energy were supposed to be mine. ALL MINE.
Then I remember you getting restless. You complained about not being able to feel anything. You wanted to feel pain, but I won’t let you. Once when you wanted to get free of my hold, I remember gripping your wrists so tight that blood came gushing out. It was warm and red. You thought you could feel something. And now your body looks like a map marked with scars that run through you like a train track with no destination.
I will never forget you carving a tattoo on your wrist that read “lonely” and that note on the Mirror of your bathroom which said “ugly”. I was hurt. How could you be lonely when I was there? Was I not enough for you? You always had all of me. I could never get enough of you.
But you decided to betray me. We had decided to keep this affair private. I was happy being your untold secret. It was meant to be between the two of us. Concealed and hidden. But you decided to make it official. You went to see your friend. Told her about me. I knew she wouldn’t understand our relationship! I kept begging you to return to me. But you spilled it all. And she said she’d help you. You leaned in for comfort. She asked you to take it day by day. You followed her instructions. She asked you to talk and you did. You chose her over me.
And now I have to leave. I have to go because you are no longer only mine. Because now you’re socializing again. You now eat that ice-cream without bothering about those extra kilos. You make commitments and keep them. You are speaking up again. Smiling again. And this time this smile reaches your eyes.
You never cared that while you were cold- I, was your only blanket. Now you have more people to go to. You now talk to someone I clearly despise. Tell Hope- This isn’t over. I am leaving. But I’ll be back. Very soon. And you will be mine. All. Mine.
Yours. Only Yours,
Anxiety

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akele baith kar main jab bhi tumko yad karti hu by Ankita singh

बदल जाए तमन्ना की इकाई अगर दहाई में बदल जाए, पहाड़ों सा मेरा जीवन रुबाई में बदल जाए।  तुम अपने आप में ले लो तो मेरा शून्य सा जीवन, सफलता की किसी स्वर्णिम निताई में बदल जाए। जो मौन हैं उनके लिए एक मुक्तक-  सांस के गीत को सांस गुन ले अगर, आंख के सीप अश्क चुन ले अगर, प्रेम का पूर्ण संवाद हो जाएगा, मौन ने जो कहा, मौन सुन ले अगर। धन्यवाद, अच्छा सुन रहे हैं तो मेरा भी मन बढ़ गया है, मैं सोचती हूं कि एक गीत सुना दूं- अकेले बैठकर तुमको कभी जब याद करती हूं, मैं तुमको याद करती हूं, हां तुमको याद करती हूं, मैं रोना मुस्कुराना हाय दोनों साथ करती हूं, अकेले। इसका पहला अंतरा पढ़ती हूं, जब प्रेम में होते हो तो किस तरह मोबेलिटी बढ़ जाती है जरा सुनिएगा यहीं सोफे पर बैठकर सात अंबर घूम आती हूं, तुम्हारा नाम जपती हूं नशे में झूम जाती हूं। कहां हूं मैं जहां मेरी खबर मुझ तक नहीं आती।  क्या मेरी गुमशुदी की ये खबर तुम तक नहीं जाती। गली दिल की तुम्हारी याद से आबाद करती हूं, अकेले बैठकर जब कभी मैं याद करती हूं। क्या होता है जब वो चला जाता है कैसा माहौल होता है, सुनिएगा

kuch ishq kiya kuch kam kiya by piyush mishra

wo log bahut khus kismat the jo ishq ko kaam smjhte the ya kaam se aashquie krte the hm jeete jee mashroof rhe kch ishq kiya kch kaam kiya kaam ishq k aade aata rha kabhi ishq main kaam bigadta rha aakhir main tang akar hmne dono ko adhoora chhod diya wo kaam bhala kya kaam hua jis kaam ka bojha sir pr ho wo ishq bhala kya ishq hua jis ishq ka charcha ghar pr ho wo kaam bhala kya kam hua jo matar sari ka halka ho wo ishq bhala kya ishq hu jisme na door tehlka ho wo kaam bhala kya kaam hua jisme na jaan ragadti ho wo ishq bhala kya ishq hua jisme na baat bigadti ho wo kam bhala kya kam hua jisme sala dil ro jaye wo ishq bhala kya ishq hua jo asaani se ho jaye wo kaam bhala kya kaam hua jo maja nhi de whisky ka wo ishq bhala kya ishq hua jisme na mauka siski ka wo kam bhala kya kaam hua jiski na shakal ibaadat ho wo ishq bhala kya ishq hua jiski darkaar izaazat ho wo kaam bhala kya kaam hua jo kahe ghoom or thag le be wo ishq bhala kya ishq hua jo khe choom or

meri daastaan sunana by zakir khan

Mera Sab bura bhi kehna, Par aacha bhi sab batana. Mai jau duniya se toh sabko Meri dastaan sunana. yeh bhi Batana Ki kaise samandar jeetne se pehle, Mai Na jaane kitni choti-choti nadiyon se hazaaron bar haara tha. Woh ghar Woh zameen deekhana, Koi magrur bhi kahega toh tum Usko shuruwat meri batana. Batana safar ki dushwariya mere, Taki koi jo Meri jaisi zameen se aaye Uske liye nadi ki haar choti hi rahe. Samsndar jeetne ka khawab Uske dil aur dimag se na jaaye. Par unse meri galatiya bhi mat chupana. Koi poche toh bata dena ki Mai kiss darje ka nakara tha. Keh dena ki jhoota tha mai, Batana ki kaise zarurat par kaam na aa saka. Wade kiye par nibha na saka. Intqaam saare poore kiye par ishq adhura rehne diya. Bata dena sabko ki, mai matlabi bada tha. Har bade mukaam pe tanha hi mai khada tha. Mera Sab bura bhi kehna, Par aacha bhi sab batana. Mai jau duniya se toh sabko Meri dastaan sunana.